Islamorada Tarpon Charters
Islamorada Tarpon Fishing is bar none to anywhere else in the world. Typically the height of Tarpon fishing is best beginning in late April on through early August. Even though Tarpon are a migratory fish, we are lucky enough to catch them year round in Islamorada. People travel from all over the globe in hopes of getting that trophy Silver King on the line. Our Florida Keys Tarpon Fishing charters are designed to cater to all types of anglers.Our clients will fish in comfort, in a 46-foot Hatteras, or a 22′ Twin Vee equipped with all the modern facilities. We provide ice, bait, fishing licenses, fishing gear and chum to our valued customers.
At the end of the day, the DirtyBoat crew will clean all the fish caught by the day’s clients and divide them in equal portions.
Islamorada Tarpon Fishing Frequently Asked Questions
- Gear used for tarpon is limited to hook-and-line only.
- Tarpon is a catch-and-release-only species, with the exception of the harvest or possession of a single tarpon when in pursuit of an IGFA record and in conjunction with a tarpon tag.
- Tarpon tags are limited to one per person, per year (except for charter boat captains).
- Transport or shipment of tarpon harvested with a tag is limited to one fish per person.
- One fish per vessel limit is created for tarpon harvested with a tag.
- People are allowed to temporarily possess a tarpon for photography, measurement of length and girth and scientific sampling, with the stipulation that tarpon more than 40 inches must remain in the water.
- Tarpon regulations extend into federal waters.
- The use of multiple hooks is prohibited in conjunction with live or dead natural bait to harvest or attempt to harvest tarpon.
Can I remove a tarpon from the water for a photo?
A tarpon that does not have a tarpon tag attached to it can be temporarily possessed only for photography, measurement of length and girth and scientific sampling, with the stipulation that tarpon more than 40 inches fork length must remain in the water.
To learn more about fish handling and how to help your catch and release fish survive visit MyFWC.com/Fishing and click on “Saltwater,” “Recreational Regulations” and “Fish Handling.”
DirtyBoat Loyalty Program
Once you become a customer of DirtyBoat you will receive 10% off all future bookings with us! Give us a call when you’re ready to go fishing and someone will give you the promo code.