Regardless of the conditions, we will get you on the bugs. If it’s rough in the ocean we have plenty of secrets on the Gulf side in both shallow and deep areas. Our OUPV license allows us to take up to 6 paying customers at a time and trips may be booked in four, six, or eight hours. We recommend everyone getting in the water be an experienced swimmer.
Our clients will fish in comfort, in a 46-foot Hatteras equipped with all the modern facilities. We provide ice, bottled water, bait, fishing licenses, fishing gear and chum to our valued customers.
At the end of the day, the DirtyBoat crew will clean all the fish caught by the day’s clients and divide them in equal portions. Our split charter option is an easy and simple way to fulfill your passion of fishing without breaking the bank. We are one of the leading charter service providers in Islamorada.
Regular Spiny Lobster Season
- August 6th – March 31st
- Bag limit is 6 per person per day.
- Minimum size limitCarapace larger than 3″, measured in the water
Possession and use of a measuring device is required at all times
Find out how to measure spiny lobster
- Lobster must be landed in whole condition. Separating the tail from the body is prohibited in state waters.
- The harvest or possession of eggbearing spiny lobster, or any other eggbearing species of lobster belonging to the families Palinuridae (spiny lobsters), Scyllaridae (slipper lobsters) or Synaxidae (furry lobsters) is prohibited
- No person shall harvest or attempt to harvest spiny lobster using any device which will or could puncture, penetrate or crush the exoskeleton (shell) or the flesh of the lobster
- Recreational trapping prohibited
- Regardless of what species you are fishing for, bag limits are only for properly licensed individuals and those people exempt from license requirements who are actively harvesting. People harvesting may not exceed their individual bag limit and take someone else’s bag limit. That is, people (including children) who are not actively harvesting or are not properly licensed (if a license is required) may NOT be counted for purposes of bag limits.
*Possession limits are enforced on and off the water
**Night diving is prohibited in Monroe County (only during the sport season)
***Harvest of lobster is prohibited in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park during the sport season and in Everglades National Park, Dry Tortugas National Park, no-take areas in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and in the Biscayne Bay/Card Sound Lobster Sanctuary during both the 2-day sport season and regular season.